In the this blog, i’m going talk about the social media website Instagram and explain all you need to know about it.
Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app.
Why is it popular?!
- Simple Interface
- well designed
- accessible to all mobile and computer devices
- makes everyone a great photographer
- chance to meet new people and connect with the world
- 500 million active users
• Instagram is the most famous App for photo sharing. One of the most popular uses of Smartphone is Photography. Now the captured images could be directly uploaded and shared with friends on Instagram. There is no need to put the images into a PC or to use a cumbersome App to share the photos.
• Instagram provides a variety of filters. These filters help in enhancing the images and add more character to them. Now there is no need for a separate editing App for basic editing and touch ups.
• There is hardly any useless functionality on Instagram. It’s clear and straightforward. No dramatic status updates, no cryptical search and stalking techniques and no excessive communication scope. It is just about sharing the photos.
• Instagram is primarily a Smartphone App. But its web version is trivial to an annoying level. An enhanced web version would be a great treat.
• The user search should be upgraded. It only searches for the Instagram user names and not the real names of the users.
• This App is highly addictive. With hundreds of thousands of images and the hashtag search, one could dig up thousands of images of interest.
• The photos are small. The images could only be uploaded in a square format with the size of 612 x 612 pixels. Many times, this size feels small. Moreover, if a rectangular image has to be used without cropping, then borders need to be added to complete the square; not cool!
• You can’t edit the privacy of each photo differently. They are all either public or private.
Without weighing the pros and cons, it could be said undisputedly that Instagram is a smart and very successful App. And it has the scope to grow bigger than Facebook as the use of Smartphones is becoming widespread.
Overall, I believe that this is a fun application and has helped to create many beautiful images for us to gawk at. It is a fun and easy way to share pictures with friends and mostly everyone I know utilizes the application on a daily basis.